Friday, July 6, 2007

Holy internet, Batman.

Son of a bitch, I love the Internet. Who knew in this day and age that it would be so friggin' impossible to have access. As it would happen, the south of Spain hates the Internet even more than the French and Italians do, and at 1 euro for 12 minutes to access the hotel lobby Internet, I decided that I could not put that kind of premium on my Muse (she's a crazy little bitch).



Which all would have been fine, but for the fact that we moved back into our house on Monday and Verizon didn't install the FIOS until this afternoon. Not to mention the fact that my computer is currently sitting somewhere in a box in DC, awaiting customs clearance (I assure you, they have top men looking into it).



So here I sit, with a list of blog topics about 20 items long just not knowing where to start. I can offer a few previews, just to wet your appetite, but I do need to wrap my brain around it all in a more calm and less humid fashion. It might take me a couple of weeks to catch my breath. But as promised, a preview:




  1. The Captain loses his best friend, the television;

  2. Headbanging - it's not just for teenagers anymore;

  3. Luggage carts - they're not just for luggage anymore;

  4. From Germany to NY - Sprechen Sie Noisy Toddler?;

  5. Like a bull in a china shop - aka, like a Captain in a cheesy tourist shop;

  6. A day at the water park, or, the Captain's 18 euro trip to stand in a puddle;

  7. Sevilla - "To drive the undrivable streets;"

  8. On returning home - house woes, daycare woes, job woes...welcome back Kotter;

  9. More fabulous places where strollers suck; and

  10. A Spaniard in America...the Captain meets the fast food nation.

Alright, chew on that for a night. Must go watch 700 channels of television, all broadcast in English! My head is spinning. Nighty.




4 comments:

Haggis said...

Welcome home, yous! How's the weather and the smell of french fries? How's the TV? Did it miss you as much as the dog? :o)
How the hell are ya? Did the Captain survive the last leg of June? Can't wait to read up on it. One thing that always strikes me upon returning to the States: damn good restaurant service! God bless consumer society.
Give us a buzz when you've settled in and found your head. We've got some news... let's just say that Southern French soil is quite fertile this time of year.

K. said...

I love, love, love your blog Mama! Such a great mix of sarcasm & truth. Can't wait for the next entry :)

Kate

Anonymous said...

700 channels, you say? But ma ami, it is July, and the Tour de France has begun- there is only one channel. Mais oui, it is the channel with 187 men in spandex cycling their way across the European countryside!

Amy B. said...

Could it be that my lack of sex on French soil somehow boosted your chances? Congrats if that's a case. Mind you, I assure you it won't happen to you ever again if opportunity presents itself in France as we had, with two single beds with a toddler stuck in the middle :-)