Monday, February 18, 2008

Shake n' Bake.


A friend sent me this link a few months ago and I never got around to posting it. This lady makes homemade bento lunchboxes every day, which makes me feel decidedly half-assed when I toss the mac-n-cheese in the microwave or slap together some PB&J. To be sure, if it takes me more than 5 minutes to pull together a lunch for the Captain then I feel I have wasted my time on what could otherwise been valuable websurfing or blogging. I hate that this crazy bitch is giving people the impression that one should be slaving over a hot stove every day so that their loved ones can eat well. The only thing more annoying than her is all the people who comment on her blog and follow her mantra. I wonder what her momtourage looks like...Yes, I mock because I'm inferior.

And let me just say as a sidebar, feel free to shoot me if I ever start cutting the Captain's sandwiches in dinosaur shapes. To me it's wrong on two levels: (1) it seriously fails on the Too Cutsey scale; and (2) it's decidedly a waste of food. Knowing me those extra bits of unusued sandwich would end up in just one place, my ass.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean that the deviant dad can start surfing the net instead of "slaving over a hot stove every day so my family can eat well"? COOL! -DD

Amy B. said...

Only when you have major back surgery and don't want to take the time to prep meals.

--MM

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, she makes her poor kids eat those dinosaur-shaped sandwiches with Marmite spread and some kind of fruit called rambutan that looks like the tip of a penis nestled in a nice bed of pubic hair (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lunchinabox/2243180612/). She might not be mediocre, but that doesn't mean that her kids aren't trying to convince their classmates to make a lunch trade so that they can enjoy a good old PBJ instead of a nasty marmite and penis sandwich.

Amy B. said...

Bobby B -

It makes me feel both better and yet a little nauseous at the same time. Not to mention a little bit horrified by your imagination.

--MM

Anonymous said...

"a little bit horrified"? Well, what's it look like to you? How about if I'd said that it looked like one of those artificial testicles from the factory where Tom Hanks's character worked at the beginning of Joe vs. The Volcano, but wearing one of those rubbery, spiky wigs that they sell near the register at Bed Bath & Beyond that our kids have to try on every single time we shop there? Is that any more palatable?