Sunday, December 16, 2007

Baby got back.

Without going into the horrible details, I am playing patient at the moment and am practicing the height of mediocre mothering. My back is out. Beyond out. It started 2 weeks ago and will hopefully end tomorrow morning when I'm admitted for surgery. I can't walk. I can barely type this e-mail at the moment, what with the heavy drugs and all. I've got family in and my current "quality time" with Captain Kid involves throwing Playhouse Disney on TV and vegging out in bed with him. I'm about to have 6 weeks of recovery ahead of me and I don't even want to talk about work.

You know what they say, when life throws you lemons, make gin and tonic with a twist. But for right now the only drinking I'm doing is accompanied by a couple of little pills on the side. I'll update more after surgery, but for now...the doctor is out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god! I hope you're feeling better soon. What happened?
If it makes you feel any better - you're not completely alone. I spent Friday in the ER with a concussion and have been on the couch all weekend unable to move. My back and neck are killing me, not to mention my pounding headache. Unfortunately, i can only take Tylenol, which is as good as water =)
Good luck tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really did get a few lemons. I guess we know what you want for Christmas... five new spinal discs, four muscle relaxers, three stiff drinks, two sober sergeons and paid convelescence?

Keep us posted on the recovery and if we can shoot down and do anything for you let us know. I'd have the munchin in towe but he says he wants meet the Captain anyway.

Amy B. said...

Wow, Rachael. How are you?

I'm doing much better. Thanks to you guys and everyone else who's e-mailed me at home. I can walk again and Captain Kid is eagerly awaiting my return to full kick ass chasing, running and lifting. What a holiday season!