Sunday, May 13, 2007

Have a Mediocre Day.

I love Mother's Day! No special treatment, no breakfast in bed, in fact, the Dad is at work as I type this. No, the reason I love Mother's Day is the bootie. You see, as between late May and early June I get to celebrate my wedding anniversary and birthday respectively. So now that I am a Mom it's like the Holy Trinity of gift giving.

This year I got a Tous messenger bag and it's fabulous! The Dad tried to come up with something unique and interesting to get me and was thrilled when I walked in the door one evening saying, look, it's my birthday-mother's day-anniversary gift. I love that I can saunter back to the State's with something that hardly anyone back home can get, save those who live in Soho or Houston or at any of the other cities that have a Tous store. For more info, check the website link.

So what am I doing with my Mother's Day? Well, at the moment I'm quietly sitting by myself, the in-laws are out, baby asleep and I quietly nurse a hangover. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday. Oh come on, what are you doing with your Sunday? Truth is, why is this such a special day? Doesn't seem that hard to be a mother. I mean, they let nearly anyone be a mother. What's hard is being a good mother and since I'm not sure I've mastered that either I guess I'll just have to live with having a Mediocre Mother's Day. So since this is a holiday that praises so many, some more or less deserving than others, I leave you with a tribute to some of the mothers that make our lives more entertaining...









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! I'm confused, though - I looked up Mother's Day in Spain and thought it was the 1st Sunday of May, which would have been last week (according to Wikipedia).
Hope you enjoyed you day =)

Amy B. said...

Lol. If I followed Spain or Valencia's holiday schedule I'd never get anything done. Not only are their National Holidays there are Valencia Holidays. http://www.idealspain.com/pages/Information/NationalHolidays.htm

Trust me, it's easier to go American.

MM