Friday, May 4, 2007

Once bitten, twice shy.

Unfortunately, the Captain is neither. Which is why I got a lot of dirty looks from mothers at the park today. I submit...





This is the second time that the Captain has been terrorized by an evil Spanish mosquito (yes, just one), which left him with 20 bites this morning. He was whimpering in the middle of the night and naturally I figured he'd just gotten too much sleep yesterday. Little did I know that he was being accosted.

So today we get to play fun with antihistamines. No really, it's sort of fun watching him slug around as though drunk. And boy are these good napping days. Mama's going to get some housework done today, that's for sure.

The worst part is that I can't lock this child in the house, meaning I have to endure the uncomfortable stares and pulling away of small children who's parents look at me with horror, thinking that I've brought a chicken pox infested child to the park. And have I mentioned that the Captain loves flirting with mothers and willfully runs away from me to hug strangers? Probably something for another post, but let's just say that not many people want typhoid toddler giving them a big smooch. Poor kid.

No comments: