Friday, August 31, 2007

Driving that train, high on cocaine.


I didn't think I'd be giving out another Memo Award in such short order, but the more mediocre parenting out there they just leave me no choice. Today's award goes to the Mama who was doped out on Percocet and vodka and used her better judgment to allow her 5 year old to drive the car.

There are many facets of this story that intrigue me. I almost feel as though her intent was something I could jive with, just not her execution.

First and foremost, who amongst us hasn't been tempted to pop a little something something to deal with our kids? I grant you, in my case it's usually a nice glass of wine when I put the Captain down to bed at night. But there are times he's so out of hand that I think what I wouldn't give to take a Soma and check out for a while.

Second, you do have to hand it to her; she knew she was not capable of driving an automobile.

I guess what I find totally obnoxious about this story is that the grandfather comes on the news exclaiming that he's not bailing her out and wagging his finger of shame. Yet he consented to let the kid give an interview? I should come up with a Mediocre Grandparent award but the Mega doesn't have the ring that Memo does.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone. And remember if you are going to let your toddler drive, make sure you're sober enough to give him directions. Or at least be like Britney and have the courtesy to work the gas.






1 comment:

Mary said...

Toddlers who drive... they are genius! Just like this lady who can read while driving - I snapped this pic on the freeway. (I was a passenger in my vehicle)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1181/1105890814_c8f1c88014.jpg?v=0