Monday, August 13, 2007

The Barber of Devil-le

Thanks to our earlier haircut traumas and suggestions from the peanut gallery in our comment section, Deviant Dad and I decided that it would be wise to invest in a trimmer and cut Captain Kid's hair ourselves. Kiss it up to the gods of "it seemed like a good idea at the time," but I can now attest to the fact that the Captain looks like he gave himself a haircut.

It wasn't so bad at first. Nice even buzz all around. But I suppose we got cocky and decided to clean up the edges. And of course he struggled and bucked . So now the edge are a mangled mess, colored by patches that are buzzed and some that are not, and, of course, the random stray hair just poking out of bald patches. And it just kept getting worse. Every time we'd go too far and even it up it seemed to look more and more ridiculous. Now he has no sideburns and a hairline that is about even with his forehead all around.

With the first day of school only a couple of weeks away, I'm praying for a miracle...or perhaps some chia hair.

7 comments:

JoMama said...

So, here's what you do. When the Kid starts school you tell the other parents that he did it himself. Then they'll think he's a genius since he can cut his own hair so well. I mean, he's not even 2 yet. The other children will have a very high standard to live up to. Oh, and, next time buy a Flow-Be.

Amy B. said...

Lesson learned.

--MM

Mary said...

I recently did the very same thing to my husband. I told him it looked great!

btw... I know of you from the webmd 1 yr board - I am "Bo"

Amy B. said...

Thanks for reading and pass it on. It's all part of my master plan to be a career blogger and retire from my other job. Oh wait, I don't have another job. Sigh.

-MM

Anonymous said...

You weren't kidding- that is one laughable haircut. The next fun part will be when the people at school see him, and give you the look that says, "We know you did this, and you might not be too bright." Take Deviant Dad with you, so that you can offer a counter-look that lays the blame on him. Then at least one of you will have some credibility with the school.

Anonymous said...

a lollipop in one hand and "Boobah" on TV is all I need to cut my two-year old's hair. Oh yeah, if you haven't already, "Boobah" if worth a blog entry on its own. It's like Telletubbies on Woodstock acid

Amy B. said...

Hey, Buzzy.

Booba is on my list of antichrist children's shows. And don't get me started on Higglytown. Check out this old post topic for more titilating observations...

http://mediocremama.blogspot.com/2007/04/hey-you-guys.html

--MM